Parcel Motel act as the delivery partner for the ISPCC Shield Campaign 2014
February 25, 2014 Press
Parcel Motel is delighted to be the delivery partner for the ISPCC Shield Campaign 2014, making over 500 deliveries nationwide on behalf of the campaign.
Monday, 24th February 2014 marked the launch of the third annual ISPCC Shield Campaign at The Westbury Hotel, Dublin. This year, Parcel Motel is delighted to announce that it will act as the delivery partner for the ISPCC Shield Campaign 2014, making over 500 deliveries nationwide on behalf of the campaign. This partnership will include deliveries by Parcel Motel to all ISPCC Shield retail points of sale, ISPCC regional offices, and participating schools and businesses.
“We’re honoured to be partnering with the ISPCC Shield Campaign 2014 for such a worthy and important cause. Bullying is a serious issue that concerns many of our customers and the ISPCC has done fantastic work to raise awareness of this issue over the past few years. The ISPCC can cut down on administrative costs such as couriers for the duration of the Shield Campaign through this partnership with Parcel Motel, which will allow for more of the money raised to go directly towards the cause at hand.” – John Tuohy, Co-Founder Nightline
The Irish Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children (ISPCC) launched the ISPCC Shield Campaign to protect children from bullying. The ISPCC is well aware, through their direct services with children and young people, of both the impact of bullying and the challenges of dealing with it. This is why they launched the ISPCC Shield Campaign to address this complex and multifaceted issue that the whole community has a role in dealing with.
“We are delighted to announce Parcel Motel as our delivery partner for this year’s ISPCC Shield. Getting our pins out to participating retail stores, schools and volunteers is crucial to the success of the campaign to raise vital funds and awareness. Working with a trusted parcel delivery service takes both a logistical and financial weight off both the campaign and the charity and for this we are extremely grateful to the entire Parcel Motel team. By becoming our Shield carriers for 2014 they are literally helping the ISPCC to deliver the message of Anti-Bullying across Ireland this March.” – Aisling Andrews, ISPCC
The ISPCC Shield Campaign, which first launched in March 2012, has several components, including:
- A national media campaign – which has been endorsed by celebrity Ambassadors such as One Direction, Gary Barlow, Colin Farrell and Saoirse Ronan in the past.
- Anti-Bullying Awareness Week – which runs from March 3rd-7th.
- ‘Shield My School’ Programme – a self-evaluation tool developed for schools to help them to identify how effective they are in dealing with, and responding to incidences of bullying within the school and broader school community environment.
- Online Bullying Support service – a live one-to-one text messaging support service for children and young people affected by bullying.
- ISPCC Shield – available for €2 nationwide to raise awareness and funds for the ISPCC’s Anti-Bullying work.
- The ISPCC Shield Campaign National Day of Action – 7th of March – show your support by buying a Blue Shield pin in your local Penneys, Harvey Norman, M&S, Elverys or any Sam McCauley Chemist.
Learn more at www.ispcc.ie.